Monday, October 20, 2008

Dinner.

It being Monday, it was my turn to make dinner. We've altered the original plan, and now I cook Monday, he cooks Tuesday, and we alternate Wednesdays. Thursdays we are on our one, and weekends we cook together or do our own things, depending on what's going on.

Anyway, I made egg/spring rolls (spring roll outsides, egg roll insides, wev) tonight. Bicycle called me around five, saying he wouldn't be home till at least eight (actually he just called me again, to say he was on his way home, and it's 8:40 now), as he had to spend all evening in the lab, extracting DNA. I huffed, and then offered to bring him dinner. And after making it, that's what I did.

I'll tell ya, he's going to owe me so big for all this when he finishes school at the end of the semester. In the last couple weeks I've also hopped on a bus to bring him his lunch after he left it on the counter, and again to bring him his wallet after he left it in the previous day's pants. Not that I mind too much doing these things -- if nothing else it gets me out of the house, which is sad -- but he's going to have to take a turn at being the housewife too. Next semester, when I'm working my butt off with school and work and an internship, and he's just working and riding his bike, I'd better see some pay back.

No comments: