Monday, April 27, 2009

I broke a glass washing dishes this morning.

The house is in a bit of a shambles at the moment, as I am busily writing finals and inexplicably tired all the time, and Bicycle is a lazy sod who never cleans up. Ok, I'm kidding a little about that last part.

We tried to start Spring Cleaning about a week ago, but Bicycle was tired from a very long bike race the day before and was of no use. So we've put it off till I'm done with finals. So, a week or two from now.

The new, far away incarnation of Bicycle's job is not so good. It's 40 miles each way, so he's putting 400 miles on my car a week just to get to work, and it costs him about $6 a day to do it. he says he feels like he's spending his entire life driving to and from work.

And, because he's using my car all day, five days a week, I can't use it for much. I was planning to head down to my parents' in a few weeks, spend three of four days, go to some doctor appointments before my health insurance runs out, but then realized I can't. I'll have to go down on the morning of my appointments, and then turn around and come back the next day. Cause Bicycle needs the car.

But! Bicycle head back from Important Professor Man, who has found some funding for Bicycle to head down to Tennessee this summer and get to work before he officially starts grad school. Which means I'll likely be by myself here for about a month and a half, but also that Bicycle will have some money for once, and that he'll be able to look for apartments in person.

No comments: