Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Vroom!

A week ago, we bought a new car.

That's right. A new car. Not a new-to-us, used car. A new one. We had hopes to buy a good used one, as it would have been cheaper, but the kind we wanted -- small hatchback with good MPG -- were in short supply. And we didn't have the patience, and my old car was going to stop working at any moment.

So we bought a white '10 Toyota Yaris 4-door hatchback, with power (locks, windows, keyless entry, etc) option. Picture soon, I promise, as soon as I get them off the camera and into the computer. The new car price was offset by the 0% interest rate on the loan, so that's ok.

So that's it, folks. A shared car loan and lease is all the commitment you're getting out of this little black duck. Next time someone asks me when we're getting married, that's what I'll tell them -- 'I've got a car loan, isn't that enough?'

No comments: