Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'm starting to look for jobs outside of the Nashville area. Mostly in NYC/LI and Massachusetts. I can't get really employed here.

Breaks my heart a little. Or a lot.

And that's not the only thing. Bicycle is getting itchy and ambivalent about beign partnered sometimes, and the same old stuff about feeling like it's really my place and he just lives here too.

I think a large part of that would be fixed if I had a fucking full time job. I'd be out of the house all day, he'd have to be more involved in domestic stuff, he wouldn't be shouldering most of the household costs, I'd meet some new people, etc. You know, I'd have a life of my own, instead of hitching a ride on his. But I don't know that I can get that in Nashville.

What a fucking mess.


In other news, I'm laid up with a torn Achilles tendon. And, since I don't have a real job, I don't have health insurance. Fan-fucking-tastic. Money aside, I'm going stir crazy. I've had a cast on my leg for two weeks, hopping around on crutches. I've got another 4 weeks or so to go with it, and then I'll have a walking boot. Which is an improvement, as they come off for showering and sleep and such. I desperately want a shower. I also want to move my muscles and joints, just a little bit, please. Most days I get terribly sore eventually. It hurts a lot.

Also, our landlord is a fucking rat. We found out about a month ago that we'd been paying the water bill for all four apartments. Cause it said lessee -- that's us -- is responsible for water. So we signed up. I'm pretty sure they did it on purpose. And that they did it to the last tenants, too. But we've sicked Metro Water on their asses. They owe us a bit over $200 for the water bills we paid, though.

A repair guy was in to fix some stuff last Friday. Still have some large problems, though. Like the 8 windows without screens, the animals living in the ceiling, and the water dripping in the walls from the apartment upstairs, and the lack of sub-floor and insulation under the floorboards. I swear, if they don't fix this shit, I'm calling Metro to come inspect this place the second we move out.

No comments: